Sunday, August 5, 2012

What's Your Workout Threshold?

As I'm on my 40 minute drive to school this morning my mind began wondering about what holds people back from attaining their physical goals. I must admit, this comes after being the creepy person in the gym that checks out others during their workout! But I promise it's only because I am very interested to see the variety of workouts, forms, and techniques. Well, my "research" made me come to the conclusion that three thresholds exist: FEAR, PAIN, and INJURY. While, obviously, you want to stay away from the injury threshold, many stay away from the pain threshold out of fear, thus, never experiencing "no pain, no gain". I say to those people, push past your fear and make it hurt a little so you can see results.

No comments:

Post a Comment