Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If Carol Can Do It So Can You!

Besides being my birthday (I turned 27 again) it was also my first day meeting Carol at her home to start her training sessions. Let me tell you, I have never been this happy to "work" on my birthday! But since I began personal training it doesn't feel like work!

I also have to admit that my admiration for Carol's determination to better herself makes it even more enjoyable. She went through a terrible year after being the victim of a stroke at quite a young age. As soon as she got cleared from her doctor her and her husband sought out a trainer to help her have an EFFECTIVE workout. She went through rehab and physical therapy but that only got her so far...and not where she wanted to be. 

After meeting and working with Carol hearing other people complain about things that prevent them from being healthy or working out makes me laugh. If Carol can fight her fight and still manage time and ways to improve her health I'm pretty sure the lazy ass sitting there eating half a pizza complaining about "not having time to workout" can fit it in somewhere...maybe drop the pizza chubby and pick up some weights!

Yes, that sounds brutal but it's REAL! I try to care about people's feelings (sometimes) but in reality a lot of people need to be woken up and I don't mind being their alarm clock! Make sense of the time you have. Make every minute and action count!

No comments:

Post a Comment