Thursday, August 16, 2012

Staying Focused On My Dream

Since I'm fairly "new" to being a certified personal trainer, I decided to go to an interview at a gym and see if they would hire me and how it works there. I put in an application at a local chain gym and they called me 2 days later.

When I went in they gave me an offer to start immediately and would classify me as a level-3 (out of 4 levels) trainer. I felt pretty good about myself at that point! But comparing how the system works to what kind of compensation I'd be looking at I was baffled! Talk about a customer service job...what could be more customer dedicated than a personal trainer?! Yet, the gym takes more than half of what the customer is charged (and that's a hefty price!).

On top of all that, I feel like they get one over on the clients too. They don't really seem motivated by helping someone reach their fitness goals.

Long story short, I am glad to be going the direction that I am as an In-Home Personal Trainer. I get to work in different environments and really dedicate my efforts to my clients. If you are looking for major  body changes and are considering getting a trainer, be cautious and don't feel obligated to work with just any old trainer at your gym. There are many people out there that are knowledgable and motivated to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment