Sunday, August 26, 2012

1 Out Of 14

So here it is, lunchtime, in my Sunday class and I am the ONLY one out of 14 students that brought my lunch! I thought at least one other person would have but I guess I was wrong. I am almost always prepared with healthy meals and snacks because I know what the alternatives are. I also know that I get hungry often and that I need to keep my body fueled so I can keep pushing all-day, everyday to be successful in my goals.

If I have a little cooler packed with healthy snacks, meals, drinks or whatever than I don't have an excuse to eat naughty foods and say "there was nothing else to choose from". I prepped a salad last night, a natural peanut butter and low-sugar jam on a whole grain bread flat, a pear and a huge bottle of water. I then neatly tucked them into my sons little lunch box (carried the water) and headed off to school. Snack time struck and I was prepared with half the sandwich flat and a pear. Lunchtime came around and I have my delicious and filling salad while everyone else grabbed Taco Bell, foot-long subs, or a bag of chips (full-size bag!).

Here's my point. If someone REALLY wants to eat healthy they WILL find a way and not an EXCUSE! I just finished eating and feel re-energized for the rest of the day, ready for my gym session and excited to get home and spend quality time with my family! Meanwhile, the guy next to me scarfed down at least 1 burrito and 2 taco supremes and is sitting here in a coma! Figure out the healthy basics and make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment