Monday, August 27, 2012

Sitting Versus Standing

After over 2 months of hating how my hair looked I decided to give in and go get some highlights. Some women love going to the salon but I absolutely dread it because, even though I just go for partial highlights, I end up being there for hours. It's not that I get more things done, it's just that I have the worst luck with getting the person who is late, takes their time or messes something up and has to re-do it!

Today, after the girl called me back at 1230 for my 1200 appointment I decided to close my eyes and just breathe instead of being bitchy and irritable! Then, when she was done putting the highlights in I stood up and read a magazine. The ladies who were around me looked at me like I was nuts, but I didn't care because I needed to stretch my spine and burn an extra couple of calories.

They weren't the types that would understand why I decided to stand as opposed to sit. One girl was so hunched in her seat she was practically sitting in her own lap! Another was slouched so bad that my back hurt for her!

I know that standing is better for you in multiple ways, but I couldn't resist my urge to do a quick Google search to see what other people are saying. I like looking at livestrong.com, although not as credible as a journal, because they have real quick down-n-dirty explanations. So here's the link I checked out.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/73916-calories-burned-standing-vs.-sitting/

I am that woman who will find the furthest parking spot from the store I'm going to AND am the woman who will stand whenever I can rather than sit...always looking for that little extra!

No comments:

Post a Comment