Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's a Mind Game

Do you know anyone who has a quote, or commonly referred to as, mantra, that they use as self-motivation? Or perhaps you use one yourself? I know I do! I am a firm believer that ones physical abilities are strongly tied to motivation. I have one that has pushed me through hard workouts for several years, although slightly lengthy and proud. Here it is: "Anything you can do, I can do better; I can do anything better than you"! I mainly use it when I run and am not in the mood. As I repeat it in my mind over and over I have found that it almost puts me in a competition mode. Even though I am just going on a run myself, it makes me think that I am racing and trying to be better then my opponent. May be cheesy, but it works for me!

WHAT MANTRA DO YOU USE?

No comments:

Post a Comment