Sunday, August 12, 2012

Realization

 (The boys: Jacob and Tyler) Today was a very interesting and enlightening day. My husband, James, and I took our little trio to the Cape May County Zoo and witnessed an...ecclectic...bunch of people.

I admit that I bake cookies (the batch from last night was delish!), cakes, and cupcakes for my family but you must also know that I provide nutritious and balanced meals throughout just about every day. In fact, the eldest usually eats his veggies before anything else on his plate and will mostly select a piece of fruit as a snack!

So anyway, back to my point. At the zoo there were way too many obese kids to count even if I had 10 hands to count on! Every single one of those unknowing children had overweight or obese parents so it really was no surprise. I literally felt sick to my stomach seeing these defensless kids who had no idea what the destructive path their parents put them on will do to them in the years to come.

This post is basically for me to BEG that if you have kids PLEASE realize how important it is to feed them well and get them active! If you don't care about yourself, fine, some people just won't change. But your children have no idea what's happening to their bodies, what kind of discrimination and teasing they will face, and what diseases they are guaranteed to get because of being overweight.


No comments:

Post a Comment