Monday, August 13, 2012

Motivated To Blog About Fitness...Really Because I Had Too Much Expresso!

Alright people, tonight I may cut it short because it's been a long day but expect much more from me tomorrow! I had a lot of time on my hands during our long drive today; my husband and I took the older kids, ages 6 and 4, to Hershey Park.

Let me back-track a bit about how the day started. I set my alarm for 630am so I could take our 18-month-old with me for a run outside. My intention was to get up right before he did (he usually wakes around then) so I could prepare his sippy and breakfast and get the jogging stroller out. Well, 7am came around then 715am and he was still sleeping so I got up early for no reason! Since we were on a time crunch (wanted to leave for Hershey by 9 since it's over 2 hours away) I went out by myself for a strong 5-mile run.

When I got back I got ready, made breakfast and we got on the road at our scheduled time. We got back a few minutes ago at 10pm so I'm sure you can imagine how exhausted we all must be (mentally too because we had to deal with the whining and crying due to excessive sleepiness from Alana!). But she's so cute so it's ok!

Our first stop was the wave pool. I am not a cold-anything person so the freezing water sucked, but I have to say I felt confident in my bikini so it was all good. The kids were laughing and giggling which made the experience even better. Being in a bikini and taking a picture in one are two different things, but I took one for the team to capture this great memory! BTW-the guy that got stuck in our picture is not my hubby...James is behind the camera taking the picture. :) See the next photo down for a picture of my hubby/BFF!



The last thing I'll let you know about my day is that I did not eat entirely clean. I was at Hershey so of course I HAD to eat some chocolate. But I did great with keeping it balanced by having salads, chicken and lots of water. Plus, if you haven't been to Hershey before, let me fill you in on how crazy hilly it is. Good thing I love the feeling of burning glutes! My coffee high is wearing off so I think it's shower-time and bed-time. I have a few great workouts I wrote up during our journey that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow. Oh, and coming soon, I will be posting exercise pictures and videos!! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment