Thursday, August 2, 2012

Proud Parent Accomplishment

So my 18-month-old son completely stopped eating meat and veggies out of the blue. No warning signs at all, just loved them one day and hated them the next. I was devastated! As a very healthy eater, I almost cried when he threw the chicken breast and broccoli on the floor. I even broke down and tried nuggets and the ever popular hotdogs but he hated them too! I asked the doc and she said to just keep giving it to him. Well, I did but I got to the point where I was tired of cleaning up slops of food all the time so I re-strategized. He loves bread in all forms and the rest of my family loves Pillsbury Crescent Rolls so I bought some, made the below mixture, put it on the dough, rolled them up and cooked as suggested on the package. Result was 100% success! He yummed 3 up right away!

Bet you're wondering what I put in them, huh? I won't keep it a secret...

Minced chicken
Chick peas
Spinach
Tomatoes
Wheat Germ
Flax Seed
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil

The crescent rolls come in a package of 8 so you can either put them in the fridge for a couple days or see if this tactic works for the rest of the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment