Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Surround Yourself With People That Support Your Goals

On a daily basis I try to view the people around me in a light that shows their true intentions. I analyze words and phrases they use, their non-verbal expressions, how they hold themselves and then what they actually do. It's crazy how you can tell how "real" or "fake" a person is by taking a step back to really LOOK at them! I guess that's why I am not a person that will be friends with every living, breathing person...I'm very selective! :)

So how does this tie into health and fitness, you ask? 

Well, more than you may think! If you surround yourself in a groups of "friends" that basically encourage you, directly or indirectly,  to do things that are not in line with your fitness goals then you are rarely going to meet those goals. (Let's be honest...most people like to fit in and follow what their friends are doing)

I have witnessed women who have ordered huge pieces of cake or fatty appetizers during a meal with a friend who is known to be trying to lose weight. Women who have told their friend to skip their workout to go to a bar and get hammered instead. I understand every is in control of themselves, but when someone knows that a certain action is not in your best interest and does it anyway it's a slap in the face! 

So skinny girl go ahead and order cake, but don't be a jerk by doing it when your friend is dying to lose weight! Shovel some veggies in your mouth instead and show your girl support! I have had a few bar nights in my time, but I would never tell someone to skip the gym and go out binging instead! There's definitely ways to work them both in: a great workout and a few drinks...in that order, too!

If you find yourself being around too many people who are always trying to get you to go against what you want then, my friend, it's time to weed out some people in the sake of your health and sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment