Friday, September 14, 2012

A Few Extra Minutes


Picture this scenario…you have 45 minutes until you have to bring your son to his scheduled play class. Everyone has already ate dinner and you already gave your son his bath because play class gets done at 715 and he wouldn’t get to bed until late if you waited until afterwards. Your house is a respectable version of clean, although there is some laundry that needs to be folded and dishes to be put away.

What would YOU do with that extra time?

I found myself faced with this scenario last night and I chose to take a 20-minute run. I figured that would allow me time to get a shower and make it to my son’s class on time. I love working out in the morning so I had already performed my upper-body focused circuit. I’m never really a twice-a-day girl, but for some reason I felt almost like I HAD to get outside and boy was it worth it! Aside from a great run, the weather was absolutely beautiful!

I tucked my son in his jogging stroller, threw on my running shoes and off we were. I went slightly over my 20-minute plan but I got in 3 miles that I normally wouldn’t have.  Since I had another 25 minutes, I had plenty of time to shower up, throw his “bop” (code name for his sippy cup) in the diaper bag and get to class. I felt so energized chasing my son around his class and, BONUS, had added energy to finish up my “chores” when I got home. I even stayed up a little later to finish writing up some amazing new workout routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment