Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inner Strength

I've been dealing with some things in my life lately that have made me wonder what drives people and their actions. How are there some who face stress or fear head on and persevere and then others who scare and run? I know there are plenty of people in our world who have had everything handed to them so I get how they are persevering. And on the opposite end, some get completely crapped on and are afraid of continued failure.

So what about us who are born into an average world? I never had a "stable" childhood or had anyone there telling me what to do to be successful in life. I didn't have a terrible childhood, my mom did everything she could for me, but I far from had everything handed to me. I never had anyone who molded my mind to view things and experiences in a way where I always looked at the "long-term". BUT I am that kind of person who knows what I want, won't settle for less, and can view things as a big picture.

I know some others who had been in the same upbringing as I, but got overwhelmed with the fact of having to work hard to move in a positive direction. Fortunately, there was a little "pep-talker" in my mind that kept me on track to my goals.

I bring up this topic because finding that little something inside you that pushes you forward can apply to anything in life. Even in your fitness goals. You may have a million excuses on why you supposedly can't get to the gym or get in a good workout, but if you listen for the internal coach you WILL find a way! Don't let the fear of failure keep you from your own best self. 

No comments:

Post a Comment