Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rest Day

I used to be a workout-a-holic several years ago when I was in my prime ;) and worked out every day of the week. Now that I am "more experienced" and know how that is running my body down I make sure I ALWAYS include active rest days. This day falls on Sunday for me. It works best for family time and with my work/school schedule so I planned out my weekly training to build up to taking off every Sunday. 

Last week was chaotic for me and my workout schedule. I worked out but I didn't get a really great session in...I missed the kind that you're sweating at the end and just say "whew, I'm gonna feel that tomorrow". When today, Sunday, came around I literally had to talk myself out of working out. I was very tempted to fall into the ugly cycle of going balls to the wall and make up for lost training.

Fortunately, my self-convincing worked and it's now almost time for this girl to go to bed and I FEEL GREAT! My body feels relaxed yet strong. I had to remind myself that, although not at my normal level, I still worked out each day and that I must stick to my Rest Day so that I don't fall into the trap of over-training (again)!

When tomorrow morning rolls around I will be mentally and physically ready to put my all into my workout! I will continue my training with effective physical and mental preparation and planning and remind myself that the best thing for my body is not wearing it down every chance I get.

WORKOUT HARD...BUT REST HARD TOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment