Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fit On The Road

This past week has been CRAZY! Or, to say the least, it drove me CRAZY!

My husband is still in the military (I got out last year) and we recently got notice that we are moving to Florida. We went down there for a couple days to check out some areas and got back late last night. I'm pretty sure my husband tricked (lied to) me by saying there was a fitness center/room...he swears he told me there isn't and I am pretty sure he said there was, but I forget things quite often so who knows...

Anyway, I always travel prepared so I threw my jump rope, plastic disk, resistance tube and a set of light weights (5 lbs) in the suitcase. I crossed my fingers that these little additions wouldn't put our luggage over the max weight because I can imagine how that would have played out with the hubby!

On the flight down I asked him where the fitness center was located and this is when I found out that there wasn't one. After some non-verbal tension I took a deep breath and whipped out my notebook to write up some full-body circuit workouts that I could do when we had a few minutes of "down time" (I really mean some time when the hubby has to run to store to get milk or some other thing that the kids couldn't live without!)

Yes, you read that right, I said kids! We had all 3 little ones ages 6 and under! Despite the insanity, that I'm sure I don't have to go into depth to explain, I was able to get 2 30-minute runs in (4 miles each) and 2 full-body circuits that had me sweating after one set! My workouts were much less vigorous than what I am used to when at home but getting in anything is better than nothing. I love the physical effects of working out but I also NEED to mental effect. If you were there, especially on the plane ride with my 20-month-old, you would understand! Fitness is my medicine, my daily vitamin, my mental  release and I love that I am able to plan and prioritize to make sure I fit it in!




No comments:

Post a Comment