Tuesday, January 1, 2013

LEGS Workout That I Am Sure To Feel Until Next Year!

I vowed to myself that I will always make every single workout session worthwhile...even on days where I would prefer to be laying on my couch or curled up in bed. My reason? I know that I will be a basket-case later in the day if I do not work out and even more irritated if I waste my time on a half-assed training session!

It wasn't my New Years Resolution to workout harder, but for some reason I entered this new year with a workout more fierce than usual AND IT FELT DAMN GOOD! (My resolution this year was to always smile...I let things bring me down or stress me out often and figured who could be pissed off, stressed or down if they are smiling?!...I'll let you know how it works out!)

So anyway, here is what I did this morning that I am still feeling at this very moment and can expect to feel tomorrow:

Forward Walking Lunges w/Weights     

30 Steps Each Leg

2-3 Sets
Reverse Walking Lunges w/Weights
30 Steps Each Leg
2-3 Sets
Stiff-legged Deadlift
12-15 Reps
3 Sets
High Knees
30 Seconds
3 Sets
Front-loaded Squats
10-15 Reps
3 Sets
Bridges on BOSU Ball
20 Reps Each Leg
3 Sets
Walking Weighted Side-Steps
10 Left / 10 Right
3 Sets
Weighted Raised Heel PliƩ Squats
15-20 Reps
3 Sets
Bodyweight Squats Jumps
30 Seconds
3 Sets
Side Step-Ups
15-20 Each Leg
3 Sets
Side Squats on BOSU Ball
15-20 Each Leg
3 Sets
Prone Leg-Curls (weight between feet)
15-20 Reps
3 Sets
Single-Leg Deadlift w/ Barbell
15 Each Leg
3 Sets
Jump Rope
30 Seconds
3 Sets
Seated Calf Raises
15-20 Reps
3 Sets
Donkey Calf Raise
15-20 Reps
3 Sets


In addition to a great workout I have been fueling my body with a more balanced diet. Lots of lean protein, cut back on salt, minimized the fats I use but kept them healthy (almonds and olive oil), and increased my veggie intake. FEELING GOOD!

In Good Health,
Amanda
www.healthyathomept.com

No comments:

Post a Comment