Friday, December 14, 2012

Had A SICK Friday Workout Following A Memorable Legs Session...

In the spring, summer and even early-fall I found myself stepping outside my comfort zone (i.e. treadmill) and taking my cardio sessions outside. Now that's it's mid-December it's just not quite as easy to put myself through it because I cannot stand the cold. The weather wasn't too bad so I took a short jog outside yesterday afternoon because my legs were feeling a bit stiff after my morning legs session. Today, however, I kept it inside for my cardio. I don't do 40 degrees or below! 

Despite still feeling the intense leg workout I put myself through yesterday I had an equally tough cardio/abs session today. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


YESTERDAY---LEGS

Weighted walking lunges (forward and back)
Weighted side-squats
Single-leg bridge on BOSU ball
Stability stands on (flat side of) BOSU ball
Hamstring curls on stability ball
180 degree squat jumps
Donkey calf raises *
Abductors *
Adductors *

*Performed active rest of quick squats, quick plie squats w/raised heels, jump lunges*

(NOTE: I color-coded supersets)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


TODAY---CARDIO

1. Run 1 mile (7.5 speed), stop TREADMILL and drop to floor
2. 30 sec Plank, 30 sec Left-Side Plank, 30 sec Right-Side Plank
3. Perform steps 1 & 2 five times until you reach 5 miles (if you can't do that distance than feel free to adjust accordingly...if you can only do 2 miles, for instance, run 1/2 mile, do the planks than repeat until you complete 2 miles)

Followed my run with 15 minutes on the STEPPER (level 12)

After your cardio, finish your workout off with some abs work 

a. Crunches on stability ball
b. Oblique crunches on stability ball
c. Plank with stability ball pull-ins (put ball under feet and pull your knees towards your chest)
Superset a-c, rep to failure switching up speed (slow and fast), complete 3 sets. 

d. Hanging leg lifts
e. Weighted standing side-crunches (hold a weight in your right hand, bend to the right, come to upright position. switch sides after finishing reps)
f. Reverse crunches
Superset d-f, rep to failure switching up speed (slow and fast),  3 sets.

After my workout I picked my son up from the daycare room, went home and got ready for my day of training clients and raising an amazing little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment