Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Left-Over Chicken Doesn't Have To Be Boring!

I LOVE eating boneless, skinless chicken breast...always have and always will! But it can get a little boring eating it the same way every single day. 

I pan fry a bunch with my usual seasoning (sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chili powder) and keep the leftovers for the week. Sometimes I'll just heat up a piece or two and eat "as is", but yesterday I was in the mood for a sandwich. 

I chopped up a piece of chicken, heated it up and threw on 1 slice of low-fat/low-sodium American cheese. Then I slathered a bunch of spicy hummus on 1 slice of whole grain bread, piled on some baby spinach and BOOM yummy (and healthy) chicken sandwich! 

Of course this didn't meet my lunchtime veggie quota, so I turned my corn-on-the-cob leftovers from the night before into a delish salad. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, 1 chopped baby cucumber, 1 chopped green onion (don't use all of the white part unless you like a really oniony flavor). Mix all of that with the corn you cut off the cob, about 1 tbsp olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper.

I can't even begin to explain how yummy this meal was! I didn't eat all of that salad in one sitting so I had more for the following day...and it tasted even better once all of the flavors came together more. 


Best of Health,
Amanda Chubb
www.healthyathomept.com
www.facebook.com/healthyathomept

No comments:

Post a Comment