Friday, July 19, 2013

What's In YOUR Fridge?

It's almost embarrassing to admit that I have not kept up with my blog for about 2 months! As much as I talk about always finding a way to get everything done, sometimes there are certain things that take priority leaving little/no time to get EVERYTHING done. I apparently fell victim to this by not doing my daily BLOG, but I promise my HEALTH, FITNESS and FAMILY continued to be top priority!

So here's my first post since MAY (I will try harder to balance my time so months don't go by again!)...

I went grocery shopping last week and spent a hefty penny but when I looked in my fridge I realized it was bare. Where did my money go? Well, look in my pantry and you would see! I was letting my kids constant requests for junk food convince me to buy it! 

HOLY SH!T, I thought to myself!

I didn't throw it away because I don't believe in that no matter what the food is. There are WAY too many people suffering from starvation that I could not even allow myself to throw away a TRANS-FAT FILLED FROZEN PIZZA! However, the day that we end up eating that cardboard pizza, plates will be loaded with fresh salad with homemade dressing!

My fix for buying such poor-quality foods was to go back to the grocery store and buy all fresh fruits and veggies. I believe in having options so I figured if we (the kids, my husband and I) could choose from Oreos or FRESH, JUICY PEACHES at least we could guilt-trip ourselves to pick the best choice. 

AND IT WORKED! 

This is what MY FRIDGE looked like a couple days ago...


...I bought so many fruits and veggies that I didn't have enough room in the drawers to store them all so they ended up taking over the entire fridge!

Although all the different foods options in my house are not "good for you" MOST of them are. Simply having the option to eat a healthy snack can be all you need to make the RIGHT DECISION!

What's in your fridge?

BEST OF HEALTH,
Amanda
www.healthyathomept.com
Find me on FACEBOOK: healthyathomept

No comments:

Post a Comment