Monday, July 22, 2013

Healthy Eating CAN BE EASY

Admittedly, I have reached for processed foods post-workout (and sometimes during snack time) because I am always in such a rush. Refueling after a gruesome session is essential to replenishing electrolytes and repairing muscle tears so I can actually see results. I also believe in snacking throughout the day so that I don't become ravenous later and eat a whole weeks worth of calories in one sitting! 

BUT IT REALLY IS ABOUT QUALITY

Healthy food that satisfies and replenishes your body can take very little time, effort and money to make. Personally, I am trying to increase the amount of raw veggies in my meals so I am big on eating salads and loading up my sandwiches right now.


ABOVE:
Half a low-sodium Turkey and Provolone Sandwich w/Mustard, Spinach, Onion and Tomato 
**Deli meat is the DEVIL to some, but if you get the right kind it's not so bad, and is a great source of protein. I get Boars Head Low-Sodium Turkey or Chicken and Provolone. And yes, that is white bread. I went through my Arnold Whole Grain!

Spinach, Romaine, Green Peppers, Grape Tomato, Celery, and Radish Salad DRESSED WITH HUMMUS! 
**Great alternative to fat- and calorie-dense dressings!



BEST OF HEALTH,
Amanda
www.healthyathomept.com
www.facebook.com/healthyathomept

No comments:

Post a Comment