Friday, February 15, 2013

Quick and Healthy Pork Dinner

I love eating chicken BUT there are just some days when I would rather go hungry than grill up another piece! Today I opted to make THE OTHER WHITE MEAT! And guess what...I got the bone-in kind of pork chops!

Now, I have to say that I do not eat the fat that they are trimmed with, nor do I eat the dark meat. But I almost always buy bone-in pork chops because they are much cheaper per/lb AND they get a ton of extra flavor cooking them with the bone. 

Did I mention that this took me no longer than 20 minutes to make once the water boiled for my sweet potatoes & apples?!

Made this for 3 people but the recipe can be altered to accommodate more.

Ingredients:
-3 bone-in pork chops
-Low-sodium Adobo seasoning
-1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
-1 Shallot, sliced
-1 clove of garlic, chopped
-1 large sweet potato, chopped
-1 gala apple (peel on), chopped
-baby spinach
-1 radish, sliced
-2 tbsp shredded skim milk mozzarella
-Dressing of your choice (I used Ken's Light Options Parmesan and Peppercorn)
-Sea salt and pepper
-Cinnamon


How-To:
-Chop sweet potato and apple into small chunks, boil for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain. Mash with potato masher and season with a dash of cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste (you won't need much).

-Season each side of pork chops with adobe seasoning. Heat oil in sauté pan (with metal handle) or grill pan to medium to medium-high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until browned. Off to the side of pan place the shallot and garlic and cook until slightly translucent. Remove garlic/shallot and transfer the pan to a preheated oven (350 degrees). Cook for another 5 minutes to ensure they are cooked through.

-Serve with a spinach, radish, mozzarella salad lightly drizzled with dressing.



Looking at this picture reminds me of how yummy it was...if it wasn't almost 11pm I would make some more!!! ENJOY!

Best of Health,
Amanda Chubb
www.healthyathomept.com
www.healthyathomept.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/healthyathomept

No comments:

Post a Comment