Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just Smile

When I woke up this morning I rolled out of bed, stumbled into the bathroom to get ready for the gym but could not find the energy to do so. I sluggishly brushed my teeth, got dressed, and put my BB Cream on (ladies, you should know what this is by now with all of the commercials!) but there was something missing. 

I glanced at the family pictures and motivational quote I had posted on my bathroom mirror "Do not shy away from reaching perfection, because although it is unattainable, you can come damn close if you try!" I'm not a vain person so don't think this is about looks because I have it on my bathroom mirror! It's simply a quote that speaks to everything you do in life. Always strive for perfection that way you know you are always doing your absolute best. 

Anyway, it wasn't just the pictures of my family or the quote that turned my morning around, it is what it produced. A SMILE. I caught the reflection of my smile in the mirror and it was clearly the little accessory that was missing. I instantly felt a jolt of self-confidence and actually felt prettier. 

When you feel better about yourself your self-confidence has way less boundaries. Sometimes, something as simple as a smile ON YOUR OWN FACE is all you need to make you feel as though you can take on the world!

Remember to keep that smile on your face to keep your confidence high...you never know when YOUR smile can lift someone else's spirits too! 

Have you ever heard this song by Judy Garland?...

Smile though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it's breaking 


When there are clouds, in the sky, you'll get by


If you smile, through your fear and sorrow


Smile, and there'll be tomorrow


You'll see the sun come shining through

If you'll..

..
Light up your face with gladness


Hide every trace of sadness


Although a tear, may be ever so near,


That's the time, you must keep on trying


Smile, what's the use of crying?


You'll find that life is still worthwhile, 


If you'll just

....
Light up your face with gladness


Hide every trace of sadness


Although a tear, may be ever so near,


That's the time, you must keep on trying


Smile, what's the use of crying?


You'll find that life is still worthwhile, 


If you'll just....


Smile



No comments:

Post a Comment