Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Few Of My Fav Booty And Abs Moves...ENJOY! ;)


As a woman, and mother, I know how those of my kind strive to have toned ABS and a tight BOOTY! Many of us see the importance of total body strength and conditioning, but the previously mentioned areas definitely rank the highest...especially for reasons of sex appeal. ;)

I am a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and am always researching everything fitness so I like to think I know my stuff :), but I love to read health and fitness magazines of all kinds. Aside from the cool fitness gear they post in them and the motivational articles (love when women are giving kudos to other women!) I find it interesting to see what wacky workouts they write up from contributing trainers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hate. I find a lot of them interesting and try them out myself sometimes. But I have read some that make no sense and put your body in unsafe positions by straining all the muscles the exercise is supposed to be working! ...That’s just a caution I wanted to throw out there...and the BOTTOM LINE of it was to make sure that if that's how you get your exercise plans to ensure you are always protecting your body (especially your back and neck) by doing them correctly. It can be a little difficult if you don't actually have someone there to help you. 

Focus, focus, focus!!!

I love to mix my training up from session to session. But, along my fitness journey, I have found some go-to exercises that I always seem to include. ENJOY!

ABS: Here are a few of my favorite moves...

1. SIDE-PLANK TWISTS- Lie on right side with elbow on floor under shoulder hips stacked. Push hips up, forming a straight line from head to heels; extend left arm above shoulder. Bring left arm under body, rotating upper body to the right. Complete reps and switch sides.

2. REVERSE CRUNCHES- Lie face up on the floor with your palms facing down. Bend your hips and knees 90 degrees. Raise your hips off the floor and crunch them inward. Pause, and then slowly lower your legs until your heels neatly touch the floor.

3. DOUBLE-CRUNCH LEG RAISE: Lie on your back and place your hands behind your head with your fingertips touching to support your head and your elbows out to the sides. With just a slight bend in your knees, raise your feet about 6 inches off the floor; eyes forward. Slowly curl your upper body off the floor and at the same time, bend your hips and knees to raise your knees toward the ceiling. Hold while squeezing your abs.

BOOTY: Here are a few of my favorite moves...

1. PLATE DRAG-Lie face up on a mat, with body fully extended and arms at your sides, palms touching the floor.  Place your right heel inside the hole of a weight plate and lift your hips from the floor.  Bend your right knee to drag the plate (with your heel) towards your body, pause, then push the plate away until you are back at the starting position. Complete set and repeat on opposite side.

2. WEIGHTED WALKING CURTSY LUNGE-Place a bar (or hold dumbbells at your sides) across your upper back and hold it with a shoulder-width or wider grip, palms facing forward. Step your left foot in front and to the outside of your right leg and bend both knees to lower your body towards the ground.  Straighten your legs to stand.  Step your right foot in-front and to the outside of your left leg and bend both knees to lower your body to the ground. Continue this motion "walking" across the room (or until you complete desired reps).

3. BARBELL DEAD LIFTS- Hold a barbell with a shoulder-width overhand grip. Stand with your heels under your hips and keep your posture tall. Slowly bend forward from your hips to lower the bar to mid-shin level.  Extend from your hips to stand.  Repeat for the specified number of reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment