Thursday, August 8, 2013

Have Your Cake And Eat A Salad Too!

A client (and now friend) :) sent me a text the other day admitting to eating chocolate and feeling guilty about it. My immediate reaction was "how much?" because if it was enough to make her feel guilty, I assumed it was more than a bite or two. 

Before she could answer my question, I followed it up with "Don't let what you eat affect you emotionally. I eat chocolate ganache cake and never feel guilty (it's true, but maybe I should have left that out of my blog post!) Just balance your meals with lots of fresh veggies so you keep your calories in check. 



My reasoning for trying to lessen the importance of how much chocolate she had was because I didn't want to cause anymore guilt OR make her feel like getting/being healthy meant sweets were a no-no. More importantly, having a balanced diet without depriving yourself is key to living a healthy life physically AND mentally. 

Seriously, what the hell is the point of trying to look good if you are completely miserable because you can't have what you want?! 

BALANCE! BALANCE! BALANCE!




Lunch, Dinner and even sometimes Breakfast I eat vegetables. Throughout the day they are my snack of choice. Of course, completely raw and undressed veggies can get damn boring. That's where dips come in! Hummus, Onion Dip (made with 1/2 plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, 1/2 light sour cream), salsa, pureed roasted veggies, or YOU NAME IT can completely transform vegetables. Obviously, you don't want to overdo it because you will then be defeating the purpose and adding on a ton of calories. 

In addition to my vegetables, I eat lean protein such as beans, chicken breast, egg whites, and fish. And all of my carbs are whole grain. Drink of choice? Water and green tea with lemon. I will be damned if I let someone tell me NOT to have a piece of chocolate ganache cake or make me feel bad about it. No, I don't always shop organic but I promise you my health and fitness are damn good AND MY ASS AND ABS ARE SUPER TIGHT! ;)

Bottom Line: Have your Chocolate Ganache Cake And Eat A SALAD Too!

Best of Health,
Amanda Chubb
www.healthyathomept.com
www.facebook.com/healthyathomept



No comments:

Post a Comment