Thursday, March 28, 2013

Upper-Body Routine

I have an absolute obsession with Super-Setting my workouts! I find that it allows me to make the most of the time that I can dedicate AND keeps my metabolism burning during- and post-exercise. 

Here's what I wrote up a couple of days ago for my "upper body" days: 

Warm-up: Jumprope 5 minutes

A1-Inverted Pull-Ups on Smith Machine
A2-Tri-Cep Push-ups Holding Dumbbells
10-15 Reps Each, 5 sets

B1-Flat Bench Close Grips
B2-Squating Concentration Curls
10-15 Reps, 3 Sets

C1-Decline Curls
C2-Tri-Cep Kickbacks
10-15 Reps, 3 Sets

D1-Military Press
D2-Standing Overhead Tri-Cep Extensions
D3-Jacknives 
10-15 Reps, 3 Sets

E1-Decline Lateral Raises
E2-Standing 1-Leg Rear Delt Raises
E3-Arnold Presses
10-15 Reps, 3 Sets

F1-Cable Curls
F2-Tri-Cep Cable Pushdowns
F3-Straightarm Cable Pushdowns

ADD 1-Leg Plyo Balances, Opposite Arm/Leg Planks, or another Core training exercise in between sets. This will help remind you to keep your Core engaged DURING working your upper-body which is critical to proper form and being able to lift heavier. 

My training weeks usually look like this:
Week 1 & 3: cardio/upper/cardio/lower/cardio/upper/rest
Week 2 & 4: cardio/lower/cardio/upper/cardio/lower/rest

(NOTE: On a cardio day I rarely do steady-state, mostly intervals and inclines. On resistance training days I will sometimes do about 10-20 minutes of steady state at the end of the sessions to maximize calorie burn.)

Best of Health,
Amanda Chubb
www.healthyathomept.com
www.facebook.com/healthyathomept.com


No comments:

Post a Comment